Great TPSE meeting last week on upper division pathways!

Last week we held a (relatively) small TPSE meeting in Maryland, to discuss upper division pathways. It was a great opportunity to talk with a small group of leaders, on matters that truly matter for transforming our undergraduate programs.

Part of my job in Washington – as Director of the AMS Government Relations Program – is to organize Congressional Briefings each year. This year we have two lined up, one on June 28 and one in December. Details for the first are below. It should be fantastic and I hope you might join us. Professor David Donoho (Stanford) will describe how work in geometry has led to MRI technology now being adapted by GE and Siemens. Seeing these examples of “tech transfer” help make me a better teacher for my students.

If you are in the area, I hope you might join us. If you cannot join us, please take note of the types of activities the AMS is engaged in, bringing mathematics (its inherent beauty and interactions with other fields) to various audiences. Tell your students and tell them they are welcome!